Welcome to Simply Stampin’ Sunday – my post of Clean And Simple projects that can usually be made in minutes using Stampin’ Up! products. This week’s card features the A Grand Kid Stamp Set, the Butterfly Gala Stamp Set and the Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper with a bit of Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper, too. So this card is NOT so Simple, and will take more than a few minutes, but it’s worth it!
My sweet granddaughter is celebrating her 4th birthday! She’s very much a girly girl, so I chose a lacey mat, butterflies, glimmer paper, and rhinestones, with a touch of Wink of Stella.
To begin, use Pretty Peacock ink to stamp the butterfly wing images from the Butterfly Gala Stamp Set on a panel of Whisper White Thick card stock. Use the Butterfly Duet Punch to cut them out and then stamp their bodies. Set them aside and allow them to dry thoroughly before coloring them. We’ll come back to them in a bit.
Adhere a panel of Purple Posy card stock to a mat of Pretty Peacock card stock using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Use a die from the Ornate Layers Dies to cut a frame from a panel of Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper. Use a die from the Stitched Rectangles Dies to cut the center out of it. Then use the same die to cut a panel of Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper. Adhere the frame to the front layer using small dabs of Liquid Glue. Then adhere the DSP panel in the center of the frame. Use Liquid Glue to adhere the completed layer to the front of a Whisper White Thick card base.
Stamp the sentiment from the A Grand Kid Stamp Set on a panel of Whisper White card stock. Crop it with the small label die from the Stitched Rectangles Dies set. For the mat, use a pencil to trace around the die on a panel of Pretty Peacock card stock and cut it out by hand using your Paper Snips. Adhere the sentiment to the mat with Liquid Glue.
Finally, color the butterflies using Light and Dark Purple Posy Stampin’ Blends, Light and Dark Highland Heather Stampin’ Blends and Light and Dark Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends. Use a Clear Wink of Stella pen to add sparkle to them after they are colored. Adhere the sentiment to the card front with Glue. Gently shape the butterflies by lifting their wings. Adhere them to the card front using Glue or Glue Dots only under the body, not the wings. Add some Rhinestones to the butterflies and sentiment. Lots of pretty sparkle!
Use Pretty Peacock ink to stamp the sentiment from the A Grand Kid Stamp Set on a panel of Whisper White card stock. Use Glue Dots to adhere the small butterflies that have been colored and “Winked” around the sentiment. Use Liquid Glue to adhere the inside panel to the Pretty Peacock mat and then to the inside of the card.
*** You can find a complete list of supplies for this project, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Inkin’ Krew World Card Making Day Facebook Event – Saturday, October 3!
Our team will be hosting a fun all-day event on Saturday, October 3 for World Card Making Day! And I am planning to present my project LIVE at 3PM.
All are welcome to join us! We’ll be setting up a Facebook page to host the event and we’ll be sharing the link to the page very soon. Can’t wait to stamp with you all then!!
Stampin’ Up! Get & Go Starter Kit Promotion – September 1-30!
The Get & Go Starter Kit promotion gives those who sign up to be a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator additional products to help get started right away! In addition to the already great valued Starter Kit, you will receive precut paper, stamps, and embellishments to use either in your first event or to create a stash of pretty cards to share!
Here are the details:
- Promotion Dates: September 1–30, 2020
- Joining Deadline: September 30, 2020; 11:50 PM (MT)
- New demonstrators who submit their Independent Demonstrator Agreement (IDA) before 1 September or after 30 September will not be eligible for this promotion.
- In addition to the regular starter kit (for $99 you choose $125 worth of products), if you join between September 1 and 30, you will also receive enough card stock pieces to make 16 cards, a pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels, the So Much Love stamp set, and the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set!!
- 8 packs of precut card stock of the coastal cabana pack will be provided, and 8 packs of precut card stock of the Granny Apple Green pack, for a total of 16 cards (packs include envelopes).
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
This is such a great deal! For $99, you get to pick $125 merchandise of your choice for your Starter Kit plus you’ll get the Queen Annes’ Lace and So Much Love stamp sets, card kits to create 16 cards and a pack of Rhinestones for free!!
Drop me a note at StampWithSuePrather@gmail.com if you have questions about joining, I’m happy to chat. You can also see more information about the benefits of becoming a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator here.
Stampin’ Up! has such beautiful Designer Series Paper and they’re putting a select list of those papers on sale for 15% off during the month of October!! Now is a great time to stock up and save on some of the most popular paper designs…including papers from the August-December 2020 Mini Catalog!
Use Host Code VWRRKPHC when placing orders over $50 and get a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, do not use the host code, and you’ll still receive a free gift from me!
DID YOU KNOW??? Did you know that if you select “No Contact” or use “Guest Checkout” when placing an order that I can’t see who ordered from me? That means I can’t thank you and I can’t send you a free gift. Oh, no! Please let me see your contact information – we’ll both be happy! If you’ve placed an order from me that I haven’t acknowledged, please contact me or leave me a comment.
How Can I Help You?
Questions? You can Contact Me HERE. If you need any stamping supplies, I’d love to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Online With Me button on the top right side of the screen to go directly to my online store.
- You can Shop in my online store HERE.
- Ready to Join our team? Click HERE for more information.
- Want to earn Host rewards? Click HERE to learn more.
- Interested in my Events? Click HERE.
- Interested in my Online Host Club? Click HERE.
- Want information on current Stampin’ Up! Promotions? Click HERE.
*** Card Stock cuts for this project:
- Whisper White Thick CS – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ panel scored at 4-1/4″
- Purple Posy CS – 3-3/4″ x 5″ panel
- Pretty Peacock CS – (cut 2) 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panels for mats
- Whisper White CS – 3-3/4″ x 5″ panel, 5″ x 5″ panel or scraps for butterflies and sentiment
- Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper – 3-1/2″ x 5″ panel to die cut
- Forever Greenery DSP – 2-3/4″ x 4-1/4″ panel to die cut
Stampin’ Up! products used to create this project: