Welcome to Simply Stampin’ Sunday – my weekly post of Clean And Simple projects that can be made in minutes using Stampin’ Up! products.
My card design was based on this sketch: SSC180 from Sunday Stamps
I used the Varied Vases stamp set and the new Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper for today’s card. This stamp set is really pretty and versatile – a definite “must have” in your collection. And even though the Twinkle Twinkle DSP collection is part of a Suite in the Kids & Babies section, the small scale prints are awesome for general card making, too.
I used the DSP from this collection for the background, the banner and the vase.
The blooms are stamped with Night of Navy ink and colored with the Light Pool Party Stampin’ Blends marker. I wrapped a length of Night of Navy Medium Baker’s Twine twice around the layer and tied a bow. A single Clear Rhinestone adds the finishing touch.
Stamp a set of blooms with Night of Navy ink plus a little leaf stamped in Soft Sea Foam to add a bit of color to the inside of the card.
Here are the Simple Steps to make this card:
- Cut a 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ panel of Night of Navy card stock. Score at 4-1/4″ and fold for the card base.
- Cut a 3-3/4″ x 5″ panel of Designer Series Paper (DSP) and adhere to a 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel of Whisper White Thick card stock with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Cut a 1-1/4″ x 5-1/4″ strip of DSP and use the Banner Triple Punch on one end.
- Use Liquid Glue to adhere the banner across the card front layer. Trim left side even with the edge of the mat.
- Wrap a length of Night of Navy medium baker’s twine twice around the layer over the top of the banner and tie a bow.
- Adhere the completed layer to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use the Layering Circles Framelits dies to cut a scalloped circle from Whisper White card stock and a plain circle mat from Night of Navy card stock.
- Use the Vases Builder punch to cut a vase from DSP.
- Lay the vase on the Whisper White circle to determine the placement for the blooms and the sentiment. Stamp both in Night of Navy ink.
- Stamp a single leaf with Soft Sea Foam ink.
- Color the blooms with a Light Pool Party Stampin’ Blends marker.
- Adhere the punched vase to the circle art piece with Liquid Glue.
- Use Liquid Glue to adhere the art piece to the Night of Navy mat. Adhere the completed layer to the card front with Dimensionals.
- Add a Clear Rhinestone embellishment to the center of the bloom.
- Stamp a bloom and leaf in the same manner as steps 9 and 10 on a 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel of Whisper White card stock and adhere to the inside of the card.
** A complete list of products used is listed at the bottom of this post.
How Can I Help You?
Questions? You can Contact Me HERE. If you need any stamping supplies, I’d love to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Online With Me button on the top right side of the screen to go directly to my online store.
Stampin’ Up! Products Used to Complete This Project:
Pingback: Sixteen Stampin’ Up! Projects by Amy’s Inkin’ Krew Featured Stampers – Stamp With Amy K
Beautiful card, Sue – so sweet and pretty! 🙂
So pretty Sue! Love the colors that you used, perfect for this card! 🙂
Lovely! Great color combo!
So sweet. I’m loving your Simple Sunday Series. TFS.
Eee! I can’t wait to get that Twinkle Twinkle suite – how awesome to see the DSP out playing with other sets, lol! Gorgeous and clean – love it! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!