On this Memorial Day weekend, I’m honoring those who gave their all for the Red, White and Blue. My card features the Wood Words stamp set as well as Wood Textures DSP.
I’m participating in the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge this week:
To start, cut all the Real Red and Night of Navy cardstock and Wood Textures DSP panels and set them aside. Dimensions are listed at the end of this post. Using Night of Navy Ink, stamp three star images from the Wood Words stamp set on the 2″ x 5-1/8″ panel of Wood Textures DSP, allowing space between the images for die cutting. Then cut the three stamped images with the second to smallest Layering Squares Framelit die. The three Real Red layers are cut with the second to smallest Stitched Shapes square Framelit die. And the three Night of Navy scalloped layers are cut using the fifth smallest scalloped Layering Squares Framelit die. Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the cardstock layers and stamped DSP – assembling the three accent squares – and set them aside.
After stamping the sentiment from Wood Words in the lower right corner of one of the large DSP layers, use SNAIL to adhere it to a Night of Navy cardstock panel. Then wrap this panel three times with Linen Thread and use tape to adhere the loose ends to the back. Adhere the panel to the card base with Dimensionals. Next, it’s time to use Dimensionals to adhere the three stamped star panels to the card front. Tie a bow using Linen Thread looped 5 times and adhere with a Glue Dot, as shown. Embellish the top right and bottom right sections of the card front with Night of Navy Enamel Shapes stars.
For the inside liner of the card, stamp the small spray of stars image from the Wood Words set with Night of Navy ink in each corner of the Wood Textures DSP panel. Adhere the DSP panel to the Night of Navy cardstock panel with Snail and adhere the liner panel to the card interior with SNAIL, as well.
*** You will find a list of supplies, including cardstock cuts & dimensions for the layers at the bottom of this post.
Have you heard? Stampin’ Up! has a new Ordering Special!
FIRST-TIME subscribers enjoy three months at 25% off your Paper Pumpkin Subscription!
Here are the details:
- For first-time subscribers only.
- Subscribers must join between Thursday May, 11 and Saturday, June 10, 2017; 11:50 PM (MT) .
- Available for month-to-month subscriptions, not prepaid subscriptions.
- Discount applied to one kit per month for the first three months of a new subscription. After that, the price for each month’s kit will return to the regular price of $19.95.
- Enter the promo code, STARTHERE, at PaperPumpkin.com to subscribe.
- Keep in mind that unless you cancel, your membership will continue at full price after the first three discounted months.
Products used to complete this project:
Available for Order on June 1st:
- 143928 – Woods Words Stamp Set
- 144177 – Wood Textures Designer Series Paper stack
*** Cardstock and DSP cuts for this Project:
- Real Red CS – 4-1/4″ x 11″ for card base, scored at 5-1/2″, 2-1/4″ x 7″ panel for die cut layers
- Night of Navy CS – two 4″ x 5-1/4″ panels – one for card front, one for inside liner, 2-1/4″ x 7″ panel for die cut layers
- Wood Textures DSP – two 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panels for card front and inside liner, one 2″ x 5″ panel for stamped and die cut star images. Hint: Flip through the stack – remembering it’s two sided – and choose the pattern that’s the most white.
Pingback: Sixteen Stampin’ Up! Projects by Amy’s Inkin’ Krew Featured Stampers – Stamp With Amy K
Wow Sue, that wood grain background is just perfect with your red, white and blue theme! Such a neat design! 🙂
Thanks so much, Amy.
Your card is so cool. I love the patriotic theme with the Wood Textures. Awesome card
i had to look twice to see if those stitches were real but i see they’re a punch. cool!