First of all, I want to wish every Mother a Happy Mother’s Day today! I’m so grateful for my Mom and everything she did for me and for our family. Today’s card features the new Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper available for order on June 1st. This paper has so many beautiful floral patterns, it’s easy to find the perfect one for your project!
My card design was inspired by the Mojo Monday 496 Sketch
I started out by die cutting the word MOM from Night of Navy cardstock with the Large Letters Framelits Die set and set it aside. Then I pulled out the Banners for You stamp set and coordinating Bunch of Banners Framelits to build the Thank You banner. I die cut the banner from Night of Navy Cardstock, then stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy ink on Whisper White cardstock and used the same die to cut it out as well. I love the way this die cuts both the frame and insert at the same time. I cut a panel of the Delightful Daisy DSP and adhered it to a mat of Night of Navy cardstock with SNAIL. Then I used Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the letters and the sentiment banner to this focal piece. I fussy-cut a couple flower images with my Paper Snips from the DSP and adhered them to the banner to “pretty it up” a bit. A panel of Wisteria Wonder cardstock adhered to the back of the focal piece picks up a color from the DSP to finish off this layer.
The card base is cut from Night of Navy cardstock and has a layer of another pattern from the Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper, adhered with SNAIL, as well as two narrow banners – one is Whisper White and the other is Old Olive, adhered with Liquid Glue. I used the Banner Triple punch on both ends of the banners. Then I used Dimensionals to adhere the completed focal piece to the card base.
Add a panel of Whisper White cardstock with a small floral image fussy-cut from the DSP to the inside of the card and it’s done!
You will find a list of supplies, including cardstock cuts & dimensions for the layers at the bottom of this post.
Have you heard? Stampin’ Up! has a new Ordering Special!
FIRST-TIME subscribers enjoy three months at 25% off your Paper Pumpkin Subscription!
Here are the details:
- For first-time subscribers only.
- Subscribers must join between Thursday May, 11 and Saturday, June 10, 2017; 11:50 PM (MT) .
- Available for month-to-month subscriptions, not prepaid subscriptions.
- Discount applied to one kit per month for the first three months of a new subscription. After that, the price for each month’s kit will return to the regular price of $19.95.
- Enter the promo code, STARTHERE, at PaperPumpkin.com to subscribe.
- Keep in mind that unless you cancel, your membership will continue at full price after the first three discounted months.
Products Used to Complete This Project:
Available for Order on June 1st:
- 144137 – Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper
Cardstock and DSP cuts for this Project:
- Night of Navy CS – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ for card base, scored at 4-1/4″, 4-3/8″ x 3-3/8″ panel for focal piece, 1-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ panel for banner, 3″ x 6″ (or scraps) for die cut letters
- Delightful Daisy DSP – 5-1/4″ x 4″ panel for base, 4-1/8″ x 3-1/8″ panel for focal piece, scrap for fussy-cut flowers
- Whisper White CS – 1″ x 3-1/2″ panel for sentiment banner, 5-1/4″ x 4″ panel for liner, 6-5/8″ x 1/2″ strip for banner (5-1/4″ finished length after punching both ends)
- Wisteria Wonder CS – 4-5/8″ x 1-3/4″ panel for layer behind focal piece
- Old Olive CS – 6-5/8″ x 1/2″ strip for banner (5-1/4″ finished length after punching both ends)
Pingback: Sixteen Stampin’ Up! Projects by Amy’s Inkin’ Krew Featured Stampers – Stamp With Amy K
So pretty Sue! The colors are just perfect and I love the designer paper. Beautifully created! 🙂
Thank you, Amy. I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day.
Beautiful beautiful card, Sue!! Love your mix of the designer papers and that you used the Large Letters to such good effect! Perfectly done! 🙂
Thanks so much, Mary.
Love that paper. Makes a beautiful card. TFS
Very pretty, Sue!!
Thanks, Jari. Happy Mother’s Day!