Welcome to Simply Stampin’ Sunday – my weekly post of Clean And Simple projects that can be made in minutes using Stampin’ Up! products.
Stampin’ Up! has beautiful Designer Series Papers and I’m showcasing one of my current favorites, the Whole Lot of Lovely collection, on this card. The DSP and Hardwood background stamp are doing all the work to bring this card to life.
My card layout today was based on this one from Freshly Made Sketches 331:
Fussy-cut the floral image from the Designer Series Paper and mount it to the card front using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Use the colors from the DSP for the mat and embellishments to further show it off.
Here are the Simple Steps to make this card:
- Cut a 4-1/4″ x 11″ panel of Basic Black card stock and score at 5-1/2″ for card base.
- Stamp the Hardwood background with Old Olive ink on a 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel of Pear Pizzazz card stock. (Use the Stamparatus if you have it, plan to get one if you don’t!)
- Adhere the stamped panel to a Calypso Coral card stock mat cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Use Liquid Glue to adhere the completed layer to the card base.
- Cut two strips 1/2″ x 3-3/4″ from the Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Series Paper.
- Adhere the strips to the card front using Liquid Glue. The strip of the left is even with the the top edge of the Pear Pizzazz layer and the strip next to it is even with the bottom edge of the Pear Pizzazz layer.
- Choose a floral image from the Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Series Paper and fussy-cut, using your Paper Snips.
- Use the edge of the brush tip of a Basic Black Stampin’ Write marker to color the white along the cut edges of the image.
- Adhere the floral image to the card front using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use Old Olive ink to stamp the sentiment from the Apron of Love stamp set on a scrap of Soft Sky card stock.
- Use the Classic Label punch to cut out the sentiment; then use paper snips to clip off the left end.
- Adhere to the card front with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Embellish with a Calypso Coral enamel shapes heart.
*** A complete list of products used is listed at the bottom of this post.
Stampin’ Up! Promotions
For new subscribers only – Stampin’ Up! is offering 50% Off First Two Paper Pumpkin Kits for orders placed through May 10. Click HERE to subscribe. Be sure to enter this promo code: SAVEFIFTY0418
How Can I Help You?
Questions? You can Contact Me HERE. If you need any stamping supplies, I’d love to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Online With Me button on the top right side of the screen to go directly to my online store.
Stampin’ Up! products used to complete this project: