Welcome back to another Inkin’ Krew blog hop! Our very talented team is doing a blog hop featuring Stampin’ Up! products. This month our theme is “Celebrate Spring”. Here is the card I created:
My card layout today is based on a challenge from Sunday Stamps SSC174
When I think of Spring, I think of flowers in bloom. Lots of them! And I think of Easter. For today’s card, I chose to combine a mixed floral pattern from the Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper with the cute bunny from the We Must Celebrate stamp set. So cute! The sentiments are from the Sweet Little Something stamp set. I inked the bunny image in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and stamped it on Whisper White Thick card stock. Then I colored it with Light Pool Party and Dark Pink Pirouette Stampin’ Blends.
I die cut the image with a plain round die from the Layering Circles Framelits Dies. Next I cut a scalloped circle from Peekaboo Peach, and two more the next size up from Pool Party and Wisteria Wonder and used them as mats for the art piece. After cutting the panel of Designer Series Paper and the Peekaboo Peach card stock mat, I rounded the corners with the corner-rounder on the Envelope Punch Board. Then I adhered the layers with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I used the Petal Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder on a panel of Whisper White card stock, and then matted it on it panel of Wisteria Wonder card stock using Liquid Glue. Then I used Liquid Glue to adhere the two matted layers together.
I stamped a sentiment from the Sweet Little Something stamp set with Night of Navy ink on a panel of Pool Party card stock, which i die cut with the label die in the Petals & More Thinlits Die set. I used a standard circle hole punch to punch a hole in each end of the label so I could thread a length of Peekaboo Peach 5/8″ Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon through it. I wrapped the ribbon across the layers and to the back and adhered the ends with tape. Then I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the layered front panels to the Pool Party card stock card base. The art piece is adhered to the front panels with Stampin’ Dimensionals. And the card front is finished off with a bow tied from Crinkled Seam Binding which is adhered with Mini Glue Dots.
For the inside panel, I stamped the sentiment from the Sweet Little Something stamp set in Night of Navy ink on a panel of Whisper White card stock. Then I adhered narrow strips of DSP along each side of the panel with Liquid Glue before adhering it to a mat of Wisteria Wonder card stock. The completed layer is adhered to the card interior with Liquid Glue.
*** You can find a complete list of supplies for this project, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Nanette Tracy
- Karen Finkle
- Linda Richenberg
- Sue Prather – You are here!
- Mary Deatherage
- Shirley Gentry
- Julie Johnston
- Amy Koenders
Stampin’ Up! Promotions
Sale-A-Bration is the biggest Stampin’ Up! sale of the year! You can earn free, exclusive products with every qualifying order. You can reap the rewards when you shop, host, or join during Sale-A-Bration! CLICK HERE for more information.
How Can I Help You?
Questions? You can Contact MeHERE. If you need any stamping supplies, I’d love to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Online With Me button on the top right side of the screen to go directly to my online store.
- You can Shop in my online store HERE.
- Ready to Join our team? Click HERE for more information.
- Want to earn Host rewards? Click HERE to learn more.
- Interested in my Events? Click HERE.
*** Card Stock cuts for this project:
- Pool Party CS – 4-1/4″ x 11″ panel scored at 5-1/2″ for the card base, 3″ x 3″ panel for die cut scalloped circle mat, 1-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ panel for die cut sentiment label
- Whisper White CS – (cut 2) 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ panels for embossed panel and inside panel
- Whisper White Thick CS – 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ panel for art piece circle
- Wisteria Wonder CS – (cut 2) 3-3/4″ x 5″ panels for mats on card front and inside, 3″ x 3″ panel for die cut scalloped circle mat
- Peekaboo Peach CS – 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″ panel for mat, 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ panel for die cut scalloped circle mat
- Delightful Daisy DSP – 3-1/8″ x 4-3/8″ panel for card front, (cut 2) 3/8″ x 4-7/8″ strips for card interior
Stampin’ Up! products used to complete this project: